Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation - Job Details
Posted: May 31, 2021
Expires: Jun 14, 2021
Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation
TRAVEL COUNSELLOR (BILINGUAL FRENCH)
Organization: Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation/Division: Ontario Travel Information Centre
1 Temporary seasonal assignment /contract up to 6 months with possibility of extension
Job Code: 51084 - Travel Counsellor 3
Salary: $909.90 - $1,081.55 Per Week* *Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement. Posting Status: Open Targeted
Job ID: 163550
ob ID: 163550 Apply Online
Are you an enthusiastic individual with great customer service skills who excels in a team environment? The Hawkesbury Ontario Travel Information Centres are seeking a bilingual Travel Counsellor to promote Ontario as an all-season travel destination. Don't miss this exciting opportunity! Please Note: This position is seasonal and typically works from early May to mid-October.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will: • Market Ontario and the tourism industry, products and services by responding to inquiries in person, by telephone, in writing and through the use of social media; • Provide trip planning and counselling services, and develop customized travel plans and itineraries; • Conduct research from a variety of sources to keep up-to-date on tourism information and industry trends, and for the preparation of specialized broadcast reports; • Promote Ontario tourism products and services at special interest groups, tourist association presentations and trade shows, and through the Media Relations and Specialized Broadcast Program; • Contribute to publications, and assist in the planning and delivery of training programs; • Perform administrative and retail sales functions, such as maintaining reference files, coordinating inventory control, monitoring building maintenance services and retail sales, and handling cash for the merchandising program.
How do I qualify?
• Proficiency in English, as well as oral French at the advanced level and written French at the advanced-minus level • This position works within a 7 day work week with 36.25 hours per week and requires the ability to work shift work, including evening, weekends and holidays. • Ability to travel to other work locations as required.
Communication, Persuasion and Interpersonal Skills
• You can provide travel information to clients in person, by telephone, in writing or through the use of social media • You can market Ontario as a four-season travel destination and encourage visitors to extend their stay • You can network with representatives (from travel organizations, hotels, resorts, transportation carriers, etc.) to obtain information for clients and keep up to date on new products and tourism trends • You can prepare reports and edit tourism publications
Travel Counselling and Customer Service Skills
• You have excellent customer service skills to respond to inquiries, provide travel planning and counselling services, and prepare customized travel plans and/or itineraries • You can respond to customer complaints, and advise customers on the appropriate complaint resolution option to address their concerns
Analytical, Problem Solving and Judgement Skills
• You can identify the nature of client inquiries, and determine suitable solutions to meet client needs • You can work effectively as a team member in a high pressure environment • You can monitor, recognize, report and take the necessary action to resolve building maintenance or security issues
Knowledge and Experience
• Knowledge of and experience in the promotion of tourism industry attractions, destinations, events, products and services
• You can use computer software applications and the Internet to conduct research and locate information
777 Highway 417, RR # 1, Chute a Blondeau, Hawkesbury, East Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union Schedule: 3.7
Category: Customer and Client Services
Posted on: Monday, May 31, 2021
Note: · This ad is also available in French.
How to apply: 1. You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number 163550 in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
2. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
3. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us. 4. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Monday, June 14, 2021 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code .