Habitat for Humanity Seaway Valley - Job Details
Posted: May 21, 2021
Expires: Jun 21, 2021
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY CORNWALL & THE COUNTIES
ReStore Customer Service Representative 2021
Canada Summer Jobs – 10 Week Summer Contract
Habitat for Humanity Cornwall & The Counties
Founded in 1998, Habitat for Humanity Cornwall & The Counties is a non-profit organization working towards a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live. Our mission is to mobilize volunteers and community partners in building affordable housing and promoting home-ownership as a means to breaking the cycle of poverty. With the help of countless community volunteers we have provided 15 families with 38 children safe, decent and affordable housing.
Habitat for Humanity houses are not given away. Partner Families work with Habitat for Humanity to purchase the home that they help build. In place of a traditional, financial down payment, Partner Families commit 500 hours of volunteer work. Upon completion of the home, Partner Families purchase the home from Habitat at fair market value with an interest free mortgage. The monthly mortgage payments will never exceed 30% of a family's income. These mortgage payments are directed to a designated fund that helps to build more homes.
In addition, Habitat for Humanity Cornwall & The Counties operates a ReStore, based in Cornwall, Ontario. Revenue generated by the ReStore assists to offset day to day costs of the affiliate while offering an affordable shopping option. The ReStore is stocked entirely through donations, helping waste diversion from local landfills. Since the inventory is comprised of donations, we do not have to charge tax to customers.
ReStore Customer Service Representative – Summer Student
Responsibilities & Duties
The responsibilities and duties of the ReStore Customer Service Representative will include, but are not limited to:
· Assisting in daily operations of the ReStore, including sales and cash handling, inventory processing, responding to donor/customer inquiries, monitoring safety requirments in the ReStore and identifying areas that require attention to the ReStore Supervisors and Manager
· Assisting the ReStore and Habitat for Humanity Cornwall & The Counties raise funds for Home Build projects while encouraging the community to donate unwanted products for resale instead of contributing to landfill waste, including selling raffle tickets, promoting and participating with internal fundraising events and promoting and participating with third party fundraising events
· Liasing and working with existing and new volunteers
· Supporting front of house ReStore operations including processing sales, stocking shelves, cleaning, answering phones, assisting customers with purchases and assisting donors with donations and potentially assisting with pick ups and drop offs
· Complete other duties as assigned which may assist in furthering the goals and objectives of Habitat for Humanity Cornwall & The Counties
· Assist with curbside pick ups and drop offs
· Operating under the direct supervision of the ReStore Management Team
· Some evening and weekend shifts will be necessary
· Maintain safety standards within the organization in compliance with current COVID-19 restrictions and public health measures
· Secondary School Education (in progress or completed)
· Bilingualism an asset
· Ability to lift heavy objects (approx. 45 pounds) repeatedly
· Must provide own CSA approved footwear
· Must be willing to wear and maintain appropriate PPE as per public health measures
Skill set and experience
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Proven ability to work with a volunteer workforce
- Experience in sales an asset
- Proficiency in both official languages preferred
To be eligible for this position as funded by Canada Summer Jobs, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment ;
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been confirmed under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* for the duration of the employment;
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*Please note, international students are not eligible.
This position is based on a contract of 37.5 hours per week for 10 weeks (350 hours total) with a start date of June 21, 2021 as per Canada Summer Jobs, with a salary of $14.25/hour.
To apply for this position
Please provide a resume in addition to a cover letter clearly outlining your qualifications for this position. Applications will be accepted until June 7, 2021 to the Community Engagement Coordinator to the listed email address. All information received will be held in confidence. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Habitat for Humanity Cornwall & The Counties is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. Applicants must make their needs known in advance. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Reference ID: CSJ ReStore
Application deadline: 2021-06-07
Expected start date: 2021-06-21
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $14.25 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
PPE, Curbside pickup, enhanced sanitation protocols