Le Palais éThe Palace Long-Term Care & Retirement Community - Job Details
Posted: Apr 27, 2021
Expires: Jun 30, 2021
Attendant for The Palace Retirement Residence/Alexandria
LODGE ATTENDANT (Part-Time/ /Casual) Le Palais Retirement Community Lodge Attendant are invited to apply for part time/casual positions to work at our Retirement home located in Alexandria, Ontario.
Under the direction of the Director of Care, the Lodge Attendant provides direct personal and nursing care to residents so as to fulfill the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs of residents in accordance to home polices, procedure and work routines.
• Assists in providing direct care for residents; assists with ambulation, feeding, bathing and grooming.
• Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to and from activities.
• Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents and provides feeding assistance as required.
• Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care.
• Adheres to established departmental polices and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
• Consults with and informs supervisor of unit activities, needs and matters related to resident care.
• Basic meal preparation and general housekeeping duties.
• Medication administration in accordance with the 8 Rights of Medication Administration.
Must be available and able to work day, evening and night shifts
• Experience as a Health Care Aid, PSW or related skills
• Knowledge and experience in Medication Administration preferred
• Knowledge and experience in care planning systems and documentation required
• Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
• Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
• Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
• Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Resident Program Coordinator
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.