Plan A Glengarry - Job Details
Posted: Apr 09, 2020
Are you looking for a forward thinking, fast growing company who is dedicated to supporting our seniors and healthcare professionals? Apply to Plan A Today!
Plan A is a long-term care (LTC) staffing agency that provides a local solution for LTC homes experiencing staffing shortages. Plan A is currently looking for Support Services Aides (SSA’s) to join our qualified, dedicated, and compassionate team of support staff.
· You decide when you work! At Plan A you can make your own schedule! Using our StaffStat app our LTC homes send out shifts when and where they need help, and as they pop up on your phone our staff accept them on a first come first serve basis!
· Make your own schedule around your busy life! Our only requirement is you give us your time with 3 shifts a month! If our staff can give amazing care 3 times a month our seniors will never go without the care they deserve!
· We are the only staffing strategy in Canada that focuses 100% on Long Term Care homes.
Provide support to various departments within Long Term Care Homes including Personal Support, Laundry, Housekeeping and Food Services. These tasks may include but are not limited to:
· Washing floors
· Cleaning surfaces
· Setting & clearing tables
· Washing dishes
· Sorting laundry
· Treating soiled laundry
· Washing and drying laundry
· Folding laundry
· Making beds
· Snack cart/refreshments
· Providing support to Personal Support Workers in caring for residents
· Visiting with residents
· Portering residents
Qualifications and Skills
· High school diploma preferred
· Experience working in a health care setting or some post-secondary education in a health care field preferred
· Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Excellent attendance and punctuality
· Hardworking, compassionate, positive, solution-oriented, professional, and flexible
Hourly wage is $17/hour with an additional $4.00 hourly incentive for last minute shifts.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
We cannot wait to meet you!